Over 40 years of experience
In 2010, Jayne had a dream and a challenge. She wanted to use her 30+ years of organisational and managerial experience to create a bookkeeping business that truly supported business owners from those starting their first businesses to those who were scaling.
At the core of Jayne's ethos was to provide services that would deliver all the exceptional, professional expertise that you would expect alongside empathy, patience and a dedication to empower clients to develop the business of their dreams.
So, That's Ideal was created in 2010 to provide an integrated bookkeeping service that:
- saves time
- guarantees compliance
- supports growth
- provides peace of mind
- innovates processes
- helps drive confidence
- reduces risk
- gives a listening ear
It goes without saying that Jayne is a highly qualified bookkeeper & a member of the International Association of Bookkeepers holding a Public Practice Licence and is supervised for Anti-money Laundering Legislation.
Neil, Jayne's son, joined the practice in 2015 and is now a full time partner and director. Sharing the same values as Jayne to provide exceptional, timely & safe services to their client, Neil also has managerial experience & works with Jayne to see the 'big picture' for clients to provide clarity, direction & purpose.
As a 100% Xero bookkeeping business, Jayne and Neil are both Xero Certified and have a wide variety of experience across many different trades.
That's Ideal Ltd is a family business that works with their clients in a collaborative, innovative and empathic way to create a bright business future for you and your business.
Jayne's early days
Starting within local government Jayne got an early appreciation of departmental organisation and gained experience in a wide range of business operations.
Jayne worked abroad, managed a radio station, maintained the accounts for a large supermarket chain, and developed many skills including:
- Attention to detail
- Consideration (kind-sensitive)
As a PA in various national and international companies, including Lovell Partnerships, Jayne gathered a wealth of additional experience too:
- Leadership skills
Following qualification after his IT studies, Neil began his career at a local small business covering sales, admin and bookkeeping work. Not afraid to try anything new, Neil also assisted with some manual work as a way of getting to know their business at all levels. Neil went on to assist at management level.
Seven years later a geographical move to Falmouth allowed Neil to find part-time work at a busy local Farm Shop assisting with their bookkeeping. It was at this time that he also joined That’s Ideal Ltd as a remote supporting bookkeeper. This was Neil’s introduction to online accounting with Xero. That’s Ideal continued to expand the client base so Neil joined the business full-time in 2017. This included a move back 'up north'. His skills have continued to develop in line with all the modern accounting systems you might expect, including managing online till integration processes and Xero payroll.
Creating this family team has allowed us to develop innovative ways of working that plays to our strengths and to have plenty of time to look after all our clients personally and in a bespoke way.
To transform bookkeeping to enable small businesses to thrive!
Who are we?
- That's Ideal is a friendly team of passionate, forward-thinking and honest bookkeepers.
- We focus on bettering ourselves through regular training and development.
- We are different and bring our innovative culture to life.
What business are we in?
- That's Ideal embraced cloud technology early and we have established services with the ultimate goal of transforming bookkeeping processes to improve our jobs and make your life easier.
- Using good technology saves valuable time. It frees you and us up to talk about supporting your growth and working smarter to achieve your business ambitions.
What makes us different?
- With over 35 years experience working for SME's, UK wide and International, we are more than bookkeepers. We have admin, managerial and leadership skills, allowing us to see and understand the bigger picture - the way you see your business.
- Our clients appreciate the time-saving and streamlining processes we introduce as it allows them to focus wholeheartedly on what they do best - running their business.
We are conveniently based in South Lancashire, we work with clients nationally, including the areas of:
- West Midlands
- London and the Home Counties.
Our goal is simplicity in our services:
- Smart thinking
Transforming the future of your business is within easy reach.