That’s Ideal Simplifies: Furlough Scheme Extension
A quick blog post from us this week following yesterdays announcements from the Chancellor regarding the Furlough Scheme Extension.
You can find more details here.
The furlough scheme has been extended until the end of April 2021 with the government continuing to contribute 80% towards wages. It has also been confirmed that the government-guaranteed Covid-19 business loan schemes have been extended until the end of March.
These loan schemes include the:
- Bounce Back Loan Scheme
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
You can now make December claims
To help you keep ahead of the monthly deadlines, here’s a list of key dates you need to know in regards to Furlough Claims:
- 14th January 2021 – final date to submit claims for December 2020 by 11:59pm
- 15th February 2021 – final date to submit claims for January 2021 by 11:59pm
- 15th March 2021 – final date to submit claims for February 2021 by 11:59pm
- 14th April 2021 – final date to submit claims for March 2021 by 11:59pm
- 14th May 2021 – final date to submit claims for April 2021 by 11:59pm
If you’ve claimed too much CJRS grant and have not repaid it. You must notify HMRC and repay the money by the latest of whichever date applies below:
- 90 days from receiving the CJRS money you’re not entitled to.
- 90 days from the point circumstances changed so that you were no longer entitled to keep the CJRS grant.
If you’ve not claimed enough, you will need to amend your claim within 28 calendar days after the month the claim relates to – unless this falls on a weekend or bank holiday, in which case the deadline is the next weekday.